The Department is committed to providing the highest standard of service to all its customers. Our aim is to get things right first time. However, if you are not entirely satisfied with any aspect of our service, please tell us and we will do our best to resolve the matter as quickly as possible.
We will investigate your complaint, give you an explanation and make every effort to resolve the matter to your satisfaction.
Areas of responsibility
The Department for Regional Development ("The Department") is a central Government Department in Northern Ireland.
The Department is responsible for:
- regional strategic planning and development policy
- transportation strategy and sustainable transport policy
- provision and maintenance of all public roads
- public transport policy and performance
- certain policy and support work for air and sea ports
- policy on water and sewerage services and management of the Department's shareholder interest in Northern Ireland Water
TransportNI has responsibility for the provision and maintenance of roads.
To make a complaint relating to the responsibilities of TransportNI, please go to the TransportNI complaints procedure using this link:
TransportNI claims unit
To make a complaint regarding TransportNI Claims Unit go to the nidirect website using this link:
Equality / Freedom of Information complaints
There are separate complaint procedures in relation to Equality and Freedom of Information To make a complaint on the grounds of Equality or Freedom of Information, please select the relevant link below.
Complaints about other DRD functions
To make a complaint regarding the remaining departmental functions, what standards you can expect when you do so, and what you can do if you are still dissatisfied, please see information contained in the following page: